Now Offering FibroScan®
FibroScan®: Painless, Accurate, Noninvasive Way to Assess Liver Health
Touchette Regional Hospital now offers FibroScan® to assess liver health and support early detection and management of liver disease.
Liver disease, such as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), is associated with obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes and other metabolic risk factors.
Maintaining good liver health is important to your overall health.
That’s why Touchette Regional Hospital uses FDA-approved FibroScan®:
- Quick: takes just 10 - 15 minutes
- Noninvasive and painless
FibroScan: How it works
- The patients lie comfortably on an exam table
- The medical professional applies a water-based gel on the patient’s skin and places the Fibroscan® probe on the right side of the ribcage
- The medical professional then takes 10 quick, painless measurements
- Results can be interpreted rapidly
Talk to your primary care provider about a referral if you have Hepatitis B or C, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), diabetes, liver problems caused by alcohol use or other concerns about your liver to determine if FibroScan is right for you.
For more information about FibroScan® at Touchette Regional Hospital please contact: